[imp] MySql Backend for multiple domains

Darren Moore dm at hetzner.co.za
Wed Mar 17 23:03:00 PST 2004

Hi there,
I am trying to setup IMP on mutiple servers, each hosting hundreds of
domains. Each of these domains then also have a number of mailboxes. I
am using IMAP to authenticate users. So I think I only need MySql to
store preferences - is there anything else that must be stored in a DB?
Basically I want to know if its possible to have a central database for
all user prefs. IMP will be set up on each server so does it allow for a
setup where prefs can be read from a remote mysql DB? And will I be able
to keep existing DB structure or will I need to build a custom DB?
--
Darren Moore
Student Programmer

[Awarded Top 50 ICT Company in South Africa for the period 2003/4 by the
Corporate Research Foundation]