[imp] unable to login to imap server using horde/imp.

Nate nmollring at cennecs.org
Mon Mar 22 13:28:23 PST 2004

Quoting Wahid Sharif <wahid.sharif at placemark.com>:

> Hi,
>

> I think this is the right place for my problem.  I am using horde/imp and
> courier IMAP.  I was able to use everything when I first installed imp few
> weeks back.  But last week after testing I moved my server to production
> and
> since then I can't login to my mail server using the web interface.  I can
> login using the client though.  I've tried to troubleshoot this but was
> unable to do so.  The only thing has changed was my IP address between the
> testing and production environment.  When I try to login using web
> interface, nothing shows up on the log either.  It just keeps giving me
> "login failed, your password or username is incorrect" error.  I am
> positive
> there is nothing wrong with my username or password because I am able to
> connect using my client (outlook, netscape) using the same username and
> password.
First guess is that the 'server' isn't correct in your config file
/imp/config/servers.php.  If the IMP install is on the same computer as the
server, just change it to 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'.  If you aren't sure, post
your /imp.config/servers.php file
Nate

This information is strictly confidential and is intended to be viewed only by
the designated recipient.  If you are not listed as the designated recipient,
it has reached you in error and you may not view or share this information.  If
this has reached you in error, please contact the sender for further action to
be taken.