[imp] Session timeouts

Bojan Zdrnja Bojan.Zdrnja at LSS.hr
Wed Mar 24 18:49:44 PST 2004

Hi,

Can someone please clear some things for me regarding session timeouts, and
maybe write a short info about how it works.

Global variable for changing this is supposed to be in
horde/config/conf.php:

$conf['session']['timeout'] = 3600;

Now, according to posts I've read before, one should pay attention to PHP
variables as well, especially:

session.gc_maxlifetime = 3600
session.gc_probability = 1
session.cookie_lifetime = 0

When I setup things as written above, I get the following:

- Users are automatically logged out after 3600 seconds, no matter if they
are working or not.
- They don't get a popup window if they are in compose window.

Can someone please clear things/recommend settings for this?

Thanks in advance,

Bojan