AW: [imp] showing sender not recipient in sent-mail folder

David Collins davidpcollins at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 07:44:44 PST 2004

Quoting Eric Rostetter:

>> a) new preference came along:
>>
>> 	- no stored preference for new feature -> default value
>> 	- stored preference for new feature, but was different feature
>in
>> 	  previous version...then pref_name MUST be same value to
>> 	  cause 'interference'
>>
>> b) preference became obsolete
>>
>> 	- preference is still stored in horde_prefs, but has no effect,
>> since pref_name
>> 	  is never going to be read again
>
>c) Preference was an IMP preference, is now a Horde preference.
>d) Preference was a shared preference, no it isn't, or vise versa.
>e) Preference name once did one thing, now does another thing (perhaps
>    from another app even).
>
>Probably could be other things (f, g, h, etc) but I don't know.
>
>> since there is no preference setting concerning the display of any
>folder
>
>Sure there are...
>>
>> and there was none in the previous version, this simply can't be the
>> explanation ;)
>
>Sure it could...
>
>> i ain't got no clue, what to do here...anybody???
>
>Debug it further, or wait for someone else to debug it if it isn't
just
>a local issue.

I'm having the same problem.  Here's what I believe happens:

imp/mailbox.php
} elseif ($identity->hasAddress($from_adr)) {
      if (isset($h->to)) {
          $tmp = array_shift(imap_rfc822_parse_adrlist($h->to, ''));
            if (isset($tmp->personal)) {
                $msg['to'] = MIME::decode($tmp->personal,
NLS::getCharset());
            } else {
                $msg['to'] = IMP::bareAddress($h->to);
            }
        } else {
            $msg['to'] = _("Undisclosed Recipients");
        }
        if ($drafts_sm_folder) {
            $msg['from'] = $msg['to'];
        } else {
            $msg['from'] = _("To") . ': ' . $msg['to'];
        }
        $mailto_link = true;
    }

This checks if the from address is in the current user's identity and
if it is, then it'll check if we are in sent-mail (or drafts).  I've
migrated from an old imp and am trying to keep my identities (~36k
users), but a lot has changed.  The From address in the identities
doesn't always match up so the above check fails and we don't check if
it's sent-mail.

Don't know if this applies to you as well, but hope it gives you a
lead.

Thanks,
David