[imp] Is there a way to support persistent imap connections?

Kim Hoffman khoffman at uwo.ca
Mon Mar 29 11:12:28 PST 2004

We are currently running:
- Horde 2.2.3-1
- IMP 3.2.1-1
- Turba -1.2.1
- httpd-2.0.40-21.5
- php-4.2.2-17.2
- php-imap-4.2.2-17.2

I am not sure whether we have hit a threshold on our imap server.  Our
horde/imp/turba load balanced farm (3 servers) has been up for over 5
months.  Now on two occasions we are experiencing diffuclties with
our imap server.  The 'error log' is pointing to the fact that too
many connections are being closed and opened by horde/imp/turba app.

Is there a way to 'setup' persistent connections with the imap server?

Kim Tan Hoffman
Information Technology Services
University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5B7