[imp] Attachment Size Problem

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Thu Apr 1 12:22:17 PST 2004

> Send a patch, or cut out the vitriol. It's pointless and justs pisses
> people off.

Touchy.  It was a not-so-veiled question as to who-is-limited-by-what, more
than an exercise in finger pointing.  I've patched and fixed many PHP bugs
in my lifetime, but I have extremely limited time to devote to these
non-paying activities.  Someone who is alot closer to the implementation of
mail attachment functionality is far better placed to just answer "well, we
have to do it that way because of X, Y, and Z, rather than my wasting time
hunting down the problem and *THEN* fixing it.  I have a feeling the
problem's in the PHP.

I've also received no reply to my request for what was defective in PHP to
not allow progress information to be displayed during file uploads as well,
something else I've offered to redress within PHP. [Search the archives for
the conversation.]  Whatever.

Eeesh.

=R=