[imp] Login-failure

Dr. Martin Körfer koerfer at mpch-mainz.mpg.de
Mon Apr 5 23:26:06 PDT 2004

Hi,

On our "mailserver" I'm running
Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1
Turba 1.1
UW-IMAP 2002b
and
PostgreSQL

using "webmail1" and "webmail2" as clients for above services.

All went fine but:
When accessing "webmail2" after "webmail1" (or vice versa)through "https", the
access was denied (?sometimes? repeated access resulted in successfull login).

I found this entry in the horde.log:

Apr 06 07:34:52 HORDE [emergency] [imp] DB Error: unknown error: insert into
horde_prefs (pref_uid, pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value)
values('koerfer at mpch-mainz.mpg.de', 'imp', 'last_login', 1081229692)
[nativecode=ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
horde_prefs_pkey] [on line 297 of
"/usr/opt/IAE610/usr/internet/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]

This tells me that the access was denied as the two clients offer different keys
to the "mailserver" (not to prevent, as they have different names).
On the other hand, the possible login after repeated attempt tells me that the
new key was accepted (sometimes) !

Now my question:

How can I force the acceptance of a new key when login from a different
client ??
As I'm not so familiar in programming php, perhaps someone can tell me about a
change in /usr/opt/IAE610/usr/internet/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php to force the
overwriting of the key in horde_prefs_pkey for every client-login ???

Thanks in advance

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Körfer