Theme graphics Was: [imp] IMP 4.0-ALPHA

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 7 01:18:04 PDT 2004

Paul Reilly wrote:

>>So what is to be done and can I do exactly?
> * install 4.0-Alpha and see what extent the theme system
>   is already in place
I have already installed CVS. After another update, I will be ready. ;)

> * test a new horde config parameter say
>   'theme' which can then be checked when doing a graphic/icon
Why do we need this? There is a theme-value in the prefs, which can be
used to get the right path to an image.

> * see what API changes are needed, to whatever getpath() type
>   of function is used to specify the paths to icons/graphics.
> * change this API, so it includes the $theme parameter
> * ensure this new getpath() function is used in all places in
>   the code whenever a graphic/icon is required.

Ok, I'll see what I can do. Give me a little time as I have not too much
of it. But maybe next week, there will be a patch. Depends on the
surprises while trying to code that one... :)

One question: I think Jan wrote a couple of days ago, that there are
some directories below /graphics/themes/, which will carry the graphics
for the themes. Is this already in use, or just the result of copying
the graphics?

>>will be possible in the future? Stylesheets and graphics are nice, but
>>to create something really different, the /templates stuff should be on
>>a per-theme-basis.
> Thats a good point.
> Does Horde/IMP make any assumtions about the /templates dir being
> at the package root?
This could be done in a second step. Lets wait what the core-team think
about it.

Gruss,
    Ollie.