[imp] ask help about imp decoding problem

Zhang Bo boozhang at sdb.ac.cn
Tue Apr 13 03:25:59 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am building a webmail with

fedora core linux 2.0 test1

horde-HEAD-2004-03-31
framework-HEAD-2004-03-31
passwd-HEAD-2004-04-08
ingo-1.0-ALPHA
sam-HEAD-2004-04-07
kronolith-2.0-ALPHA
turba-HEAD-2004-04-08
nag-2.0-ALPHA

And I use postfix to be smtp server, cyrus-imapd to be pop&imap server,
store user-infomation in mysql.

Now these modules works well. But there is a imp decoding promblem to be resovled.
That is: most emails write in chinese can be displayed well, while some email such
as the emails write in chinese from sina.com and 165.com can not display correctly.
These emails' subject and content showed like this in imp:

ÄúºÃ£¬ÄúµÄÓʼþÒÑÊÕϤ£¬²¢ÒѽøÈëÎÒÃǵÄÉóÅúÁ÷³Ì£¬
Çë¾²ºò¡£
Óʼþ²âÊÔ
×¢²áÐÂÀË9Õ×Ãâ·ÑÓÊÏ䣨

But after I use outlook fetch them, they displayed correctly chinese in outlook.
So I think this maybe a imp decoding problem. I have set the fowllowing params
in horde config's nls.php:

$nls['defaults']['language'] = 'zh_CN';
$nls['defaults']['charset'] = 'GB2312';

$nls['emails']['zh_CN'] = 'GB2312';

And my locale is :
# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

but these seems can not resolve that problem. So I ask your help to resolve this
problem. Or how can I configure imp to make it not so strict on decodeing?

Thank you.

Zhang Bo
2004/04/13