[imp] IMP Slow on POP3

Luis Galan imp at es.clara.net
Fri Apr 23 08:43:45 PDT 2004

Hello!

I have installed horde/imp (2.2.4/3.2.2) and the login is very slow.
I have been configured imp to access a POP3 server.

I noticed that every time I see a message, imp fetches all the entire
mailbox (does RETR X for every message in the mailbox), when I only want
to see one message from the mailbox.
It is very ineficient (is it a bug?), and when the mailbox is getting
bigger, the time necessary to see a message grows up.

Is it any way to fix that?

With horde/imp versions 1.2.7/2.2.6 didn't happen. When I wanted to see
a message, imp only retrieve the message required.

How can it be possible that a newer version works worse than a previous
one?

Could someone help me?

thanks
Luis.

"Hijo mío, la felicidad está hecha de pequeñas cosas:
Un pequeño yate, una pequeña mansión, una pequeña fortuna..."
(Groucho Marx)