[imp] Hide deleted messages not working?

Barry Pederson barryp at medicine.nodak.edu
Wed Apr 28 08:05:10 PDT 2004

Jan Schneider wrote:
 > Zitat von Daniel Eckl <daniel.eckl at gmx.de>:
 >> So is there any reason for disabling delhide when using a trash? I
 >> cannot think of any, but honestly I didn't spent much time to that
 >> subject... :)
 >

 > Yes. Because you should use the same method of deleting mails on
 > your IMAP server with all clients.

Mozilla Thunderbird for example, when it's set to handle a deleted
message by "move it to the trash folder", copies it to the trash and
leaves the original marked as deleted without expunging.  Then, if you
look in IMP, you see them there in grey crossed-out.

Mozilla is basically hiding the deleted messages - so if IMP could do
that too, while using the trash folder, then the two would be behaving
just about identically.

(The flip side of course is if Mozilla would expunge after moving to
trash, then it'd be acting more like IMP).

	Barry