[imp] Folders question

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ie
Thu May 6 09:13:46 PDT 2004

 Not sure whether this is an imp or imap related problem ...

 horde-2.2.5.tar.gz
 imp-3.2.3.tar.gz
 UW imapd

 I'm trying to enable folders in imp, and it should work like this:
 - the imap INBOX is the user's incoming mail spool (/var/mail/$USER)
 - all other folders are local to the user's home directory.

conf.php:
$conf['user']['allow_folders'] = true;

servers.php:
$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'mailhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '~/Mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'ourdomain.com',
    'smtphost' => '',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

 However, when I go into imp, none of the folders under ~/Mail show up,
 and when I try to create a folder, it fails because it tries to create
 a folder under /var/mail/anonymous instead of ~/Mail (I am not allowing
 users to create directories in the mail spool).

 How can I address this? The copy of UW imap I'm running here supports
 the (("~" "/")) namespace, and I can create such local folders e.g.
 with thunderbird no problem.

 Thanks!