[imp] How to login?

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Fri May 7 13:28:55 PDT 2004

On 07.05.2004 17:55 (+0200), Eric Rostetter wrote:
> What happened?  Did you check the imap server logs for errors?  Is it even
> connecting to the IMAP server?

It did, but Courier-IMAP couldn't tell me anything more than "localhost
connected and then disconnected again". A self-written port forward
logger showed me that the IMAP server advertised MD5 authentication but
didn't actually accept it then. Turned that off, now it logs in with
plain auth.

>>I tried to
>>create a user in the MySQL table horde.horde_users, with plain and MD5
>>password.
>
> It would have to be md5(), and it doesn't sound like you want to do this
> anyway (though I can't be sure).

But now I want to use the gollem filemanager, too, and it says, I should
login to horde as an admin user. I created my username and managed to
copy&paste some code from another place in the config/horde.php (this is
very cumbersome to find and do...) so that I can log in with my
user/pass. So this works, too. But what then? I am no admin and again, I
can't find any documentation on how to become one.

BTW, isn't public CVS access to cvs.horde.org allowed? (I'm no CVS
expert, but it told me something like "no access".)

--
Yves Goergen <nospam.list at unclassified.de>

BlackBoard Internet Newsboard System --> blackboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)