[imp] How to login?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri May 7 08:55:29 PDT 2004

Quoting Yves Goergen <nospam.list at unclassified.de>:

> I have just installed Horde 2.2.5 and IMP 3.2. Setup went fine, after
> all. I have set Horde to use IMP authentication, for now.

But what kind of authentication did you set IMP to use?

> When I access
> the horde/ URL, I see the login form. But what login data should I enter
> here??

What ever login information your IMAP server is configured for, most likely.
Though there are exceptions to that rule.

> I tried the IMAP login (server configured, of course),

What happened?  Did you check the imap server logs for errors?  Is it even
connecting to the IMAP server?

> I tried to
> create a user in the MySQL table horde.horde_users, with plain and MD5
> password.

It would have to be md5(), and it doesn't sound like you want to do this
anyway (though I can't be sure).

> Nothing worked.

You need to check the log files to find out why it isn't working.

> So what is the correct way to login here? The

Highly site specific, but most likely you want to use your imap login
credentials.

> FAQ only says, there are several ways, this is to complicated for here,
> I don't want to help you.

No.  It doesn't say "I don't want to help you."  It does say it there are
many variations, and it is complicated, and there is no way we can help you
without knowing the details of your setup and having your debugging help
(e.g. what the log files say is happening).

> Can you help me, then?

If you tell us what you see in the logs, very likely.  Check your imap
server logs first, then horde logs, then system logs.  Somewhere in there
should be the info you need to solve the problem.

> --
> Yves Goergen <nospam.list at unclassified.de>

--
Eric Rostetter