[imp] S/MIME problems.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 11 13:01:21 PDT 2004

Zitat von Dmitriy Bondar <dbondtmp1 at datanaut.com>:

>  I'm sorry to bother your but I could not find answers to my questions in
> the archives for the IMP mailinglist.

The answer actually is that this is a known issue, because some fixes that
have been applied to the PGP driver didn't get applied to the S/MIME
driver. One of the reasons is that the openssl extensions doesn't work like
the PGP command line interface that we use in the PGP driver. I guess some
operations simply can't be done with the openssl extension but must be done
by the command line too.

>  0.  Looking through the code I can tell that 'unnamed' is assigned to
> text/plain MIME_Part that was not an attachment in the first place. That
> answers my question and does not count as a bug.
>  1. I think this one is a bug or more correctly it has not been coded
> yet. Should I submit it to "Bugs/Feature requests"?

Yes, that would be great.

>  2. I fixed the error message. Now I get a separate window with
> unencrypted text. But if there was any attachments in the original email -
> they are not shown.  This is just like with problem #1. Should I submit it
> to "Bugs/Feature requests"?

Yeah, that's probably connected to 1.

> I'll give it a try and I hope I can fix these two outstanding issues. Is
> there anyone who already working on the code?

Not that I know of.

> On Thu, 6 May 2004, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Dmitriy Bondar <dbondtmp1 at datanaut.com>:
>>
>> >  Hi!
>> >
>> > Trying out the CVS version of IMP I come across several problems with
>> > S/MIME:
>> >
>> > 0. All attachments go under 'unnamed'. Should not it be filename here?
>> >
>> > 1. Attachments in a S/MIME signed message are not shown. Though they are
>> > in the source of the message.
>> >
>> > 2. Clicking an attachment in a S/MIME encrypted message gives the
>> > following error:
>> >
>> > Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
>> > /usr/share/pear/Horde/MIME/Contents.php on line 199
>>
>> See the mailinglist archive.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/