[imp] RE: Suse Enterprise 8 and IMP 3.2

Nicholas Ritter ritter at lakeforest.edu
Wed May 12 12:13:15 PDT 2004

I updated my PHP install to 4.3.6 which already helped out because I now
have a much more verbose error.

When running the server connection test on imp/test.php, I get the
following error:

array(3) {
   [0]=>
   string(64) "Retrying CRAM-MD5 authentication after Bad user name or
password"
   [1]=>
   string(64) "Retrying CRAM-MD5 authentication after Bad user name or
password"
   [2]=>
   string(62) "Can not authenticate to POP3 server: Bad user name or password"
}

using the imap/notls setting gives me the same error.

The mail server is seeing my connection and giving me pretty much the same
error with the exception that it mentions CRAM-MD5 in some connections and
SASL in others, but that is becuase I was trying different port/protocol
combinations.

Any thoughts?

Nick

Network Administrator
Lake Forest College

phone: 847-735-5112
fax: 847-735-6277
-- situations number available upon request