[imp] Re: IE caching mailbox pages - fixed

vviitane+mail.imp at mappi.helsinki.fi vviitane+mail.imp at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon May 31 09:39:37 PDT 2004

John Dalbec wrote:

> OK, I added a HEAD section to the end of */templates/common-footer.inc
> with
> <META HTTP-EQUIV> tags for all the headers and that seems to work.

Many thanks for figuring this out! I added the following to common-footer.inc
after </body> and it did the trick:

<?php if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'MSIE')): ?>
<head>
</head>
<?php endif; ?>

(I'm using heavily patched Imp 3.1+Horde 2.2.3.)

Imp developers, you should at least take note of this - IE caching the pages is
kind of a major problem. I did a little googling and found
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;222064 - it gives
further information. The article says it applies to MSIE 3 and 4 only, but it
solved IE caching issue on my MSIE 6.something on my WinXP box as well. I also
know this should probably be done with Horde the browser capability thingy, but
I'm not that interested.

--
Viljo Viitanen
University of Helsinki, IT Department