[imp] Migration from Squirrelmail?

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Wed Jun 9 07:36:14 PDT 2004

On Wed,  9 Jun 2004 21:51:46 +0800
Martin Gomez <pgomez at student.ateneo.edu> wrote:

> hi josh,
>
> we did a large migration from squirrelmail to horde imp. it was an
> easy migration. the only technical problem we initially encountered
> was migrating the addressbooks. this was solved when i wrote a
> little hack to parse the squirrelmail addressbook files and move
> them to horde imp.
>
> the little software is currently under an exclusive license to
> xavier school. should you be interested to acquire it, kindly email
> me privately.

Thanks for the info, I actually use the mysql squirrelmail backend for addressbooks and user prefs so I think migration to Imp will be a little easier.

My initial testing has been very productive, Imp looks like a good system.

I'm current trying to hack the 3 sork modules (vacation, forward, passwd) to work with my qmail/vmailmgr setup then I hope to write a Spam module to administer black/whitelists (the one in CVS didn't seem to meet my needs).

Thanks,

Josh