[imp] What does "Report as spam" do?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 10 03:52:14 PDT 2004

Zitat von Rob Brandt <bronto at csd-bes.net>:

> Nuts & bolts question:
>
> What exactly happens when the "Report as Spam" link is clicked?  I've always
> assumed that this is a tie-in to spamassassin's bayesian analysis
> features, and
> at times I've personally used it to report spam, but it doesn't seem to make
> much difference.

It does whatever you configured. Either the message gets piped into a binary
or forwarded to an email address.

> Is it for spamassassin?

Potentially.

> If so, and someone wants to answer an off topic question, how can I tell if
> spamassissin is configured correctly?  I'm using Postfix-courierIMAP

What does correctly mean? If you configure SpamAssassin to always add a spam
header, you can simply look at the message headers to see if it works.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php