[imp] What does "Report as spam" do?

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Thu Jun 10 08:09:45 PDT 2004

> It does whatever you configured. Either the message gets piped into a binary
> or forwarded to an email address.
>
> > Is it for spamassassin?
>
> Potentially.

I had it configured to pipe to

/usr/bin/spamassassin -r

> > If so, and someone wants to answer an off topic question, how can I tell if
> > spamassissin is configured correctly?  I'm using Postfix-courierIMAP
>
> What does correctly mean? If you configure SpamAssassin to always add a spam
> header, you can simply look at the message headers to see if it works.

"Correctly": How do I know that spamassassin is paying attention to the spam
reports I am sending it, and applying those reports to the spams that are still
scoring low enough to show up in my mailbox?  Is there a line on the
X-Spam-Status line that shows what the bayesian results are?  And, are the
spams I report counted as spam for my account only, or for all accounts handled
by this installation of spamassassin?

Thanks.

Rob