[imp] DSPAM integration

Daniel Quinlan lists-imp at chaosengine.net
Thu Jun 10 19:31:44 PDT 2004

heyo,

  I've installed DSPAM (http://dspam.sf.net) and I'm trying to integrate it
into IMP.

The suggested setup for reporting false positives and spam with DSPAM is to
forward the message to per user email aliases.
eg.
  spam-user at example.com
  falsepos-user at example.com

which is a bit cumbersome and I don't see my users actually using it.

I'd rather have the 'Report as spam' link run
dspam --user user at domain --addspam
and have a second link 'Report as False Positive' run
dspam --user user at domain --falsepositive

I've had a quick stab at coding this up (be gentle, first time Horde coding)
The attached patch is against IMP 3.2.2 from Debian Testing
the example config in config.php is for DSPAM 2.10.6

It works, however I did run into permissions errors.
the dspam binary is installed 2510, root.mail
and the dspam USERDIR is 770, root.mail

this was preventing Apache from being able to run it.
rather than put Apache in the mail group I added o+x to the binary and
directory
and o+r to the conf files in the USERDIR

not ideal so I'm still looking for a better alternative...

thoughts?

--
regards,
Daniel Quinlan