[imp] IMP and WAI Guidlines

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Thu Jun 17 03:05:48 PDT 2004

> > > Does IMP have a web accessibility guidlines [1] rating?
> > > Does it conform to level 1 or level 2?
> > Not specifically. It's generally our goal to be as accessible/portable/etc. as
> > possible, so any patches to move us closer to any of this would be great.

OK. One of the key accessability things which have been brought to my
attention is that the text does not re-size in IE when you tell it to
increase or decrease the font size. As I always use Mozilla I never
noticed this (it works fine in Mozilla). But seeing at 90% of people
are using IE I need to make it work in IE.

The problem appears to be that IE will only resize text when the font-size
is specified in percentage values. It doesn't work with standard font
size units of 'px' or 'pt'. It's very easy to change this in the horde css
file, so that is what I'll do. It doesn't appear to affect backwards
compatibility with older browsers.

I'm just curious, has nobody else come across this problem before?!

Paul