[imp] IMP and WAI Guidlines

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 17 03:24:26 PDT 2004

Zitat von Paul Reilly <pareilly at tcd.ie>:

>> > Not specifically. It's generally our goal to be as
>> accessible/portable/etc. as
>> > possible, so any patches to move us closer to any of this would be great.
>> >

> OK. One of the key accessability things which have been brought to my
> attention is that the text does not re-size in IE when you tell it to
> increase or decrease the font size. As I always use Mozilla I never
> noticed this (it works fine in Mozilla). But seeing at 90% of people
> are using IE I need to make it work in IE.
>
> The problem appears to be that IE will only resize text when the font-size
> is specified in percentage values. It doesn't work with standard font
> size units of 'px' or 'pt'. It's very easy to change this in the horde css
> file, so that is what I'll do. It doesn't appear to affect backwards
> compatibility with older browsers.

It has, older browser don't work well with relative font sizes, that is,
they render it with *huge* differences.

How about if you create an accessability theme for Horde etc., that not only
specifies font sizes relatively but also has a high contrast color scheme?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php