[imp] Outlock-like folder display for HORDE/IMP-HEAD

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Mon Jun 28 12:58:39 PDT 2004

  * Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> on 2004-06-28:

I understand your concern, but considering "my version" can be implemented
with one single configuration option (call it "Left-hand Folder List" ..
ehrm), and does not impose any changes (to my knowledge) in the existing code
apart from deciding which "menu builder" to use (based on that same
configuration option), it does not in any way lead you down a road that can't
be "undone".

If we get blocks for the sidebar, we can easily have a block that displays the
menu like I've done, and one that displays the menu like it is in the current
HEAD, and one that displays the folder list like Outlock, and so on.. but you
know this already.

The biggest reason I'd like to see this "optional layout" in the distribution
is to avoid having to patch the code over and over and over again..

-Joaquim