[imp] Slightly better newbie questions

Chris Wade chris at cpmd.com
Tue Jun 29 11:28:01 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've been sitting here going through all the docs I can find for IMP and, granted, I am trying to learn all of this in a very short amount of time (because I have a customer screaming for it...) but I want to ask some more specific questions and see if anyone can point me in the right direction...

First of all, I have horde 2 installed and configured (though it was done by someone else) and am trying to install and configure imp-3.2.4.  I've got it to the point where I can log in and check email.  The problem I am having is that I want to make use of the folders such as 'drafts' and sent-mail' and have the ability to create new folders and save messages to them.

The only folder that shows up is 'Inbox.'  I click on 'folders' in the menu, check the box next to inbox, select 'create folder' and enter the name of the folder I want to create.  I get a message telling me that my folder was successfully created.  However, it never appears on the screen.  I tried clicking 'expand all' but it still only shows inbox.

I'm not running multiple servers, only the default, which if I understand it correctly is just the same as my IP address.  I'm afraid I don't know enough about the various protocols and such to be able to tell what kind of information to give to someone to be able to help me.  Can anyone tell me what more information would help in this situation, in order to solve this problem?

I haven't got any servers configured in imp/config/servers.php, and in config/conf.php, $conf['server']['server_list'] is set to 'none'.

How do I discover what the defaults are for certain?

And then, once I do that, how do I figure out why folders are not showing up once they appear to be created?

Thanks again,

Chris