[imp] japanese characters in IMP

Sean D. mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Tue Jul 13 15:46:34 PDT 2004

>> Is there some way i can fix the japanese support for the
>> current stable versions of IMP/Horde?
>
> No. But there is a "Japanesed" version of IMP 3 available at
> www.imp-jp.org,
> if that is of any help for you. But as it is not an officially supported
> version, I doubt it will be more stable than IMP 4 ALPHA.
>
> Jan.

ah... very cool. But like you said... probably better to setup a public beta of
the Alpha imp with vhosting on a different subdomain and give my users the
option of using either.

Which brings me to another question then. How safe is it to use the same
database for both stable and alpha imps so my users can have the same addy
books?  I use the vdomain hook to do virutal hosting. I have Turba, Kronolith,
mnemo, nag, passwd, and would like to install ingo on the alpha vesion.

If its not safe for imp/horde to do so, what about just using the same
"production" db for turba and nothing else?  I dont mind being a bit risky, if
most people have success with this then I would give it a go.

your thoughts please.

Thanks,
Sean D.

p.s. side question... anthing different about the vhosting in alpha i should be
aware of before doing this?