[imp] Sean D & Jason Lohrenz - revisiting imp on plesk?

Tobias Eigen tobias at kabissa.org
Wed Jul 14 12:50:27 PDT 2004

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, there is a single webmail.* install in /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail that
contains the horde files. In httpd.include there is an entry directing
https://webmail.foo.org to it (where foo.org is any domain on your plesk
system).

It's an elegant solution, except for the certs issue. Also, for a server like
ours where we want everyone to use the same login page it is a problem to force
them to use their own separate login page.. and it seems particularly silly to
then use the same installation, same horde database, same files!

If I can install it in a separate location , that might work for me also, i.e.
https://www.kabissa.org/webmail (I have a cert for that domain too). But it
still has to work properly - unique preferences, addressbook etc for every
user.  The default e-mail address domain unfortunately is taken from the web
address, and not the login e-mail address (with plesk 5 this was just a
username anyway - now with plesk 7 both username and unsername at foo.org work).

So for the moment IMP is broken all around - very sad situation indeed. If
anyone has any thoughts on how to fix this, please let me know.

Cheers,

Tobias

--
Tobias Eigen
Executive Director

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
http://www.kabissa.org

* Kabissa, meaning complete in Kiswahili, was founded on the belief that
information and communications technologies (ICTs) can be a revolutionary
force in civil society. *