[imp] mbox mail problem

Nathan Pitman npbusiness at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 05:37:10 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have a bit of a dilemma and I am not sure if I am even posting to the
right place.

Recently, the owner of the web hosting company which hosts my website put it
on to another server. While that was happening, he set up a temporary server
for me to backup my stuff (website, e-mail files etc.). I use Horde and I
sort my e-mail into many different folders. I understood that I was backing
up my Horde folders and e-mail by downloading the mbox file for each folder.
I did that.

After the owner of the web hosting company had transferred my website, I
asked him to wipe everything and he did. I tried to restore the backups of
my old Horde e-mails by copying the mbox files to the Horde mailbox
directory on the server. Most of the folders of e-mails have been restored
properly.

However, there are a couple which haven't. When I click on one of these bad
folders, all of the e-mails in it should appear. However, one file appears
and when I open it, I can see all of the e-mails amalgamated into one long
e-mail with the headers etc. I tried moving an e-mail message from another
functional folder to one of these faulty folders. I got an error message
which said something about a UID copy problem and the mbox file being
invalid. Therefore, I figured that some of my mbox files were corrupted.

How can I repair these corrupted mbox files? Or view them properly in
another application?

Thanks...        Nathan Pitman