[imp] Giving back to the community

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jul 17 08:29:52 PDT 2004

Zitat von David Podolsky <dwp at wiredminds.org>:

> Hi All,
>   Long time user of IMP/horde and am very impressed on how nice it
> works. I run my own mail server and did quite a bit of work to make IMP
> look a little nicer and a bit more functional. I would like to give back
> the community but am not sure what actions to take and was wondering if
> anyone on this list could point me in the correct direction. Maybe
> contact the imp development team? Make a project on sourceforge? Just
> release the source code and leave it at that?  My changes aren't that
> modular as to simply make a patch people could apply which would be nice
> so I am wondering what your advice is.

As your mod is based on IMP 3, there is not much use of making this part of
the official version. But I know a lot of people would *love* to use the
three-pane-layout. I'd suggest setting a site up where people can download
the code. SF doesn't make much sense in my eyes, unless you want to
continue to work on the code, port it to IMP 4 or make more releases in the
future.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php