[imp] Giving back to the community

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jul 17 08:36:50 PDT 2004

Zitat von "Sean D." <mojospam at thegeekclub.net>:

> maybe someone should create a website for unofficial Horde mods somewhere...?
> i doubt horde.org wants to post it because they dont want to spend the time
> reviewing other peoples code and if they post it on their site they
> would feel
> obligated to check it for security/other bugs. but an unofficial site would
> alleviate them from such duties...

Exactly. But we would love to link to this code from horde.org, as we
already do with other unofficial sites.

> maybe just a forum and a directory to dump files in...
> i could host such a project..
> i'm way too lazy to mantain much on it though :-D
> horde.org needs a good support forum. easier to search and organize
> things than

No. The mailing lists are available as news groups and searchable archives
in various places, no forum could provide such a widespread use. And the
Horde team definitely has not the time to watch mailing lists *and* forums.
There are already 48 Horde mailing list we have to watch.

> a mailing list... also they need a lot of FAQ work done... that wiki
> is looking
> pretty scarce ;-)

Someone started to port the official FAQ to the Wiki, but it's far from
being finished. But it's a Wiki, so start working on it, we need help on
documentation.

> sounds like a fun project... whatta you guys think?

Of course you are free to offer any unofficial Horde support, but personally
I'd prefer if you would help out on areas where the official Horde stuff
lacks at the moment.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php