[imp] Performance analysis

Ron Hall ron.hall at mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 22 08:04:05 PDT 2004

Raul Caballero Ortega wrote:

>Hi,
>
>    I'm trying to analyze the performance of IMP in order to evaluate it
>as possible webmail for a system with over 40.000 users, with max of 400
>concurrent users and avg of 250 (aprox.).
>    I'm installing it on a system with PHP
>acceleration and other performance improvements, but I'd like to know if
>anyone of you have tested IMP in such a large system, any comments?

    Yup we have a similar community but have in excess of 2500 current
users.
    Our solution involved a single DB machine on the backend (running
Postgres)
    user user prefs and turba. the edge is represented by a hardware
load-balancer
    in front of 3 IBM 345 with 2GB RAM running FC1. In this way we have
    achieved high-capacity, redundant and scalable system for Webmail.

    It works fine - lemme know if you need more info.