[imp] counting unseen messages without displaying IMP pages

Enrique ecastro at dbbf.ulpgc.es
Fri Jul 23 08:51:57 PDT 2004

Hi,
   I am trying to connect in a way transparent for the user Horde/IMP
and other web application.

I wonder if it is possible to login into IMP without actually displaying
  a web page (for instance the inbox view), just to:

a) count the messages in the INBOX folder and returning that number to
the calling web page.
I want to include a link like  ->  WebMail (5) <- in my application in
order to allow the users to know if they have new messages without
having to fill in the IMP registration form. Actually, they must fill in
registration form for my application, username and passwords can be set
equal in IMP.

b) been able to display just the compose window, not the INBOX page.

I know how to login into IMP from my application using a hidden form
(problem with security in other post), but I get the inbox page
(actionID=105) or inbox + compose popup (actionID=129).

If you know of a site with a clear scheme of Horde/IMP architecture or
some kind of guide/manual/documentation I will be immensely grateful.

TIA
- Enrique Castro -