[imp] Anti-Spam question, can IMP read 2 boxes?

Ruivo ruivo2099 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 04:30:01 PDT 2004

Hi everybody!

I need some help to fight against our "friends"
spammers...

Always happens that one or two valid messages be
caught by the spam filter, what make the message's
owner get mad.

Using Spamassassin and Procmail, I'm trying to avoid
this problem by filtering the Spams to another box,
different from the normal user's inbox, in another
directory under /var/mail, with the same name of the
inbox.

What I would like to do is do the IMP read that other
box too, mapping that in a diferent folder, SPAM
folder e.g., under the user account.

Can it be done? And how to do IMP create this SPAM
folder by default? You know, the more transparent for
the user, better it is! :)

I know that with Spamassassin + tag ****SPAM**** + IMP
filter, this is very easy to do, but some users read
the messages through POP3, and if this option is
applied, they will continue reading all the
SPAM-thrash...

Any help or other idea is wellcome! :)

Thanks!

Seeya!