[imp] Anti-Spam question, can IMP read 2 boxes?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 30 11:10:12 PDT 2004

Quoting Ruivo <ruivo2099 at yahoo.com>:

> Always happens that one or two valid messages be
> caught by the spam filter, what make the message's
> owner get mad.

Yes, common problem.

> Using Spamassassin and Procmail, I'm trying to avoid
> this problem by filtering the Spams to another box,
> different from the normal user's inbox, in another
> directory under /var/mail, with the same name of the
> inbox.

Why not just put it into another folder in the user's normal folder
area?  Then IMP will pick it up automatically (assuming IMAP and not
POP3 installation).

> What I would like to do is do the IMP read that other
> box too, mapping that in a diferent folder, SPAM
> folder e.g., under the user account.

Either put it in the user's account, or make a symlink from the user's
account to the actual location.

> Can it be done?

Yes.

> And how to do IMP create this SPAM
> folder by default?

It doesn't.  IMP doesn't pre-create any folders.  Some imap servers can,
but IMP doesn't.

> You know, the more transparent for
> the user, better it is! :)

Then just put the mail in a folder in their account in the first place.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!