[imp] Using IMP with Exim

James Brown j.a.m.e.s at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 3 16:07:17 PDT 2004

All,

I recently changed from Sendmail to Exim (as well as upgrading to
IMP-3.2.5) and am having some occasional problems with sending emails.
This is what I see in my exim log:

2004-08-03 23:18:01 1Bs7bc-0000HY-MS ** www at mydomain.com R=dnslookup
T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<www at mydomain.com>: host mail.remotedomain.com [212.42.x.xxx]: 550
unknown user

The message is then frozen and does not get delivered.

I am also seeing this in the headers of the mails which *do* get delivered: