[imp] Re: Using IMP with Exim

James Brown j.a.m.e.s at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 4 02:53:03 PDT 2004

I've noticed that the only time my messages fail to be sent is when they
are sent to another account within our domain.

A further log entry soon appears:

2004-08-04 09:16:59 1Bs8Wh-0000KA-Cw ** james.brown at mydomain.com
R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<me at mydomain.com>: host mail.remotedomain.com [212.42.x.xxx]:
550-Verification failed for <www at mydomain.com>\n550-Unrouteable
address\n550 Sender verification failed

I think this is saying that the sender (i.e. www at mydomain.com) does not
exist (which is quite true). Why the sender is this and not the
"james.brown" local part, I'm not sure. Is this an imp setting somewhere?

Do I need to tweak some setting in exim, a bit like the "TRUSTED USERS"
section of submit.cf in sendmail?

Thanks,

James.