[imp] Login / Integration

Stacy J.Dunkle sdunkle at pennswoods.net
Mon Aug 9 08:03:46 PDT 2004

Greetings, all.

  My company has been using Horde/IMP for quite some time, and we're
looking to expand a little. We're currently using Horde 2.2, with IMP
3.2.1

  We use the third party "Postini" as our junk mail filtering service.
What we would like to do, is have an icon in IMP, that would
automatically log a user into their Postini message center when
clicked.

  I've already figured out how to add extra menu options/icons via
menu.php. What I'd like to know, is if it would be possible to write a
script that would re-use the login that the user used with Horde/IMP,
and pass it along to Postini when the new icon is clicked? (Is the
login info temporarily stored as a variable?) Also, could this be done
by either assigning a script to the "onclick" attribute for the new
menu item, or would I simply link the new icon to the script?

  Has anyone else out there ever made such a script/customization?

Thanks!
-Stace