[imp] Login / Integration

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Aug 10 02:43:52 PDT 2004

Zitat von "Stacy J.Dunkle" <sdunkle at pennswoods.net>:

> Greetings, all.
>
>   My company has been using Horde/IMP for quite some time, and we're
> looking to expand a little. We're currently using Horde 2.2, with IMP
> 3.2.1
>
>   We use the third party "Postini" as our junk mail filtering service.
> What we would like to do, is have an icon in IMP, that would
> automatically log a user into their Postini message center when
> clicked.
>
>   I've already figured out how to add extra menu options/icons via
> menu.php. What I'd like to know, is if it would be possible to write a
> script that would re-use the login that the user used with Horde/IMP,
> and pass it along to Postini when the new icon is clicked? (Is the

Sure, if you know what Postini expects.

> login info temporarily stored as a variable?) Also, could this be done

The user is in Auth::getAuth(), the password in
Auth::getCredential('password').

> by either assigning a script to the "onclick" attribute for the new
> menu item, or would I simply link the new icon to the script?

Both solution are not the best if you need to pass the users' passwords
around. Beside that both are fine, but there's no need to use the onclick
solution.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php