[imp] logon already filled out with a username?

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Mon Aug 16 07:56:29 PDT 2004

Quoting Marcus Frischherz <marcus at casaberg.at>:

> Zitat von Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:
>

>> This is probably because the field name for the input box is the same as
>> another Horde website that someone went to.  For example, if the browser is
>> set to remember form values and someone goes to a website (let's say its
>> mine)
>> and then goes to your website, you will see a "remembered" username.  This
>> is
>> not a bug because its the browser that is "remembering" the value.
>>
>> Amith
>>
> no, no, no. How often do I have to repeat: no one using my horde site
> ever was
> in that cyber cafe in Tallinn before I went there. It was horde/imp which
> filled out the username field, I am 99 % sure of this, and not the browser.
>
> Marcus

I think you must misunderstand me.  I'll will try to spell it out so its a
little easier.

I have a Horde website https://mail.xalan.com.  Lets say one of my users logs
in as "foo" to my website from the cyber cafe in Tallinn.  They login and
check their e-mail and then logout.

At this point no one has ever been to your Horde website, but they have been
to *mine*

Now you walk up to the same terminal.  This terminal is running IE and has
been configured to save form values.  You goto the login screen of your Horde
site.  You now see "foo" in the username.

Because the name of the input field is the same between my Horde site and
yours, the browser thinks it knows how to fill it in.  I'm almost positive
that Horde does not autofill any fields.  Have you ever ordered anything on a
website and went in to fill your address?  90% of the time IE automatically
knows it, even though I have never been to that website.  This is the same
thing.

Amith