[imp] logon already filled out with a username?

Marcus Frischherz marcus at casaberg.at
Mon Aug 16 08:18:11 PDT 2004

Zitat von Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:

> I have a Horde website https://mail.xalan.com.  Lets say one of my users
> logs
> in as "foo" to my website from the cyber cafe in Tallinn.  They login and
> check their e-mail and then logout.
>
> At this point no one has ever been to your Horde website, but they have been
> to *mine*
>
> Now you walk up to the same terminal.  This terminal is running IE and has
> been configured to save form values.  You goto the login screen of your
> Horde
> site.  You now see "foo" in the username.

ok.. I'll admit that this is possible. However, it is not very likely. Whenever
I see the username auto-filled (and the same was reported to me by others of my
users) it is the same, it happens to be "roman". So in your scenario, every
unlikely place I go to a cyber cafe, someone has used that terminal and
accessed another horde/imp installation and used the username "roman". Well,
not really convincing.

Can we have a definitive answer from a horde/imp developer whether the username
is ever filled out?

Marcus