[imp] support for cyrus imap alternate namespace

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Tue Aug 17 09:16:20 PDT 2004

Our IMAP administrators are playing around with the cyrus imap alternate name
space in an attempt to get things to look more like UW to easer our transition
from one to the other.

imapd.conf sez..

# support old namespace
altnamespace: 1
unixhierarchysep: 1
sharedprefix: Shared
userprefix: Users

I'm trying to get IMP set up to support this.  servers.php sez...

$servers['testmail'] = array(
    'name' => 'New IMAP Service',
    'server' => 'test.mail.umich.edu',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'umich.edu',
    'smtphost' => 'smtp.itd.umich.edu',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => 'test-mail.www.umich.edu'
);

It's showing me a folder list, but none of my folders have anything in them, and
when I switch to them, the location bar says the folder names are still
"INBOX.blah"  I've tried switching that to "INBOX%2fblah" and just "blah", and
I still can't see the folder contents.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Liam