[imp] Using Horde HEAD

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Fri Aug 20 09:26:38 PDT 2004

Quoting Tony Arcus <tony at access-info.co.nz>:

> 1)))) The Administrator window comes up all the time, how do you make
> this NOT
> so available?

Don't log in as the Administrator. You are probably running off the
'auto' horde
authentication driver if you can't get imap to work :-)

> server="localhost" user="strider" mailbox="{localhost:143/imap}INBOX"
>
> and get this
>
> array(1) {
>   [0]=>
>   string(56) "Connection failed to localhost,143: Connection timed out"
> }

Sounds like your imap server is not running. Can you verify this with a mail
client, perhaps? Also, you might try using imapnotls instead of just imap.

> In the past I have found this to be anaming problem on the server or a setup
> issue in Horde. But the files I would previous have set up in Horde
> 2.x are not
> there.
> Do you need LDAP running to use Horde HEAD?

The server configuration for the IMAP authentication you want is now
handled two
ways:
1. let a horde program handle authentication (i.e. imp) this method works, but
requires a tad more setup than the next method
2. imap authentication. just give horde the imap parameters and then
tell imp to
use hordeauth in your imp/config/servers.php and you should be okay.

As far as LDAP is concerned, it is not required, but since i installed i now
have a centralized user logon database and shared addressbook. man, it
rules :)

--
Andrew Coleman

/-\   The ASCII