[imp] address book -> compose window

Rong-En Fan rafan at csie.org
Tue Aug 24 00:59:26 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm running Horde/IMP -HEAD version. There is
a long standing bug in address selection ->
compose window. I have been use IMP -HEAD for
at least one and half year, this problem
exists very long.

Here the problem is:

I have a group named "test" and there are two members
(http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/imp/imp-group1.png)
Both names are in BIG5 words, and all ascii > 127.
After back to compose window, the names become
a mass:
http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/imp/imp-compose1.png

However, when I sent this mail, it's ok,
I see following in mutt

To: "&#173;S&#186;a&#174;&#166;" <rafan at infor.org>,
        "&#173;S&#186;a&#174;&#166;2" <b90098 at csie.ntu.edu.tw>

OK, here is the problem the group "test" is
modified to contain a member whose name contains
\ and ' in it
http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/imp/imp-group2.png

select the group and back to compose the mail
the names are still a mass...
http://rafan.infor.org/tmp/imp/imp-compose2.png

BUT, this mail fails to deliver because
somehow the recipients become null username
(something like just @mydomain, w/o userpart)

Regards,
Rong-En Fan