[imp] Authenticating with POP3

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Wed Sep 1 10:18:07 PDT 2004

Hey guys,

I'm trying to setup Horde with the IMP and a few other goodies for
sharing company info.  Unfortunately we don't yet have an IMAP server
running on our mail server (though we plan on doing this in the future),
so I'm authenticating users into Horde using IMP and POP.  It looks like
things are working fine in terms of logging the users in since I get
"[imp] Login success for rich".  The problem is that after it hits the
imp/redirect.php page it takes me to the horde index.php it just hangs
trying to load the portal.  Worst of all it seems as though the POP
connection is kept open because while page is hung up if I try and
authenticate to the POP server from telnet or a mail client I get an
"account is in use error".  The only way to kill it is to restart apache.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?  Have any hints on a workaround?

Thanks,
Rich