[imp] Re: Hack concept - IMAP speedup

news.gmane.org chills at ne-worcs.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 03:42:05 PDT 2004

Ross Becker wrote:

> I just got an email and went to look. I see two issues.
>
> 1. It does not contain an MDA- So when does it update the indexes after
> delivery?
>
> 2. It doesn't support maildir++ and quotas. I need quotas.
>
> It might be less work to add quotas to dovecot then add indexes to
> courier, though. I've just never heard of this IMAP server before now,
> so I'm not sure how widely used it is.  I searched for IMAP servers at
> www.imap.org too.  I'm guessing dovecot is pretty new?
>
> Cheers
>    Ross

Ross

A dovecot MDA is planned for the future. As far as I am aware, work has
not yet started on it.

Dovecot does support maildir++
(http://dovecot.org/doc/mail-storages.txt), but not quota support as
yet. Support for quota will likely be added after version 1.0 is
released in the form of a plugin.

If you want to help, you could use the starting point at
http://www.dovecot.org/patches/1.0/quota.c
and implement quota support yourself!

Dovecot

HTH