[imp] browser error when sending large attachments

Rob Ristroph rgr at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Sep 14 17:12:10 PDT 2004

>>>>> "Gajen" == Gajen Anandamuruga <gajena at mail.lankabell.com> writes:
Gajen>
Gajen> Hi,
Gajen> I also have the same problem. I have set attachment size to 1MB.If I try to
Gajen> attach a file say more than 1MB and click 'Attach' in the compose window
Gajen> immediately I get 'Page cannot be displayed ' in the internet explorer.
Gajen>
Gajen> How can I display a message like 'You have exceeded the 1MB size'?
Gajen>
Gajen> Php.ini settings
Gajen>
Gajen> LimitRequestBody		1024x1024
Gajen>
Gajen> Php.conf settings
Gajen>
Gajen> Memory_limit 		8M
Gajen> Post_max_size		1M
Gajen> Upload_max_filesize	1M
Gajen>
Gajen> Any help?

This is a different problem from mine.  In mine, the attachement is of
allowed size and actually goes through, but IE still displays an error
message.

I don't know how to solve your problem.  It might require some
javascript to check the attachment size on the client ?  I am not
sure.

--Rob