[imp] IMP Slow?

Mike DiChiappari mdichiappari at domanisoft.com
Wed Sep 22 19:18:03 PDT 2004

Our IMP/Horde seems to be very slow.  I've looked through some of the
posting here regarding performance and have tried a few things, but no
success yet.

The problem is that accessing email via IMP is slow.  Access to IMAP
mailboxes is fast through other email clients (Eudora, Outlook Express).  It
is worse for accounts with large mailboxes (~100MB).  Login is slow and each
page (inbox, message) is slow (5-10 seconds).

The machine is configured like this: RedHat9 with typical stuff, php
4.2.2-17, imap-2001a-18, horde 2.2.3, imp 3.2.1, and apache 2.0.40-21.  Oh,
this is a relatively slow server (500MHz) and servers only about a dozen
email accounts.

Any clues?  Thanks in advance.

Mike