[imp] Attachments not shown in message.php of IMP 3.2.3 & 3.2.6

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Sep 23 06:24:20 PDT 2004

Quoting Rupert Hair <rupert.hair at ntlworld.com>:

>> > I have to
>> > get the administrators of this box to upgrade to a newer/specific PHP
>> > version?
>>
>> Yes.
> Any suggestions on an RPM sutable for Redhat 7.3?  For some reason
> the admins of
> this box have not seen fit to upgrade it in years!

My server is a Red Hat 7.3 box. The latest PHP RPM I could find for it was
4.1.2 (I think), and that wasn't good enough for me. So I bit the bullet and
built from source. It was pretty easy, actually; I created a script to run
"configure" with the extensions I needed (I've rebuilt a couple of times, and
the script has prevented me from having to try to remember the command line I
needed). Then, I downloaded a program called "checkinstall", which does the
build, then creates and installs an RPM.

Now, when I upgrade PHP, I just remove the current install (rpm -e php),
download the new source, run my "configure" script, and run "checkinstall".

Hope this helps,
Rick

P.S. Check out www.fedoralegacy.org to keep your 7.3 system up to date.

--