[imp] Re: Suggestions for wu-imap altenatives

Mike DiChiappari mdichiappari at domanisoft.com
Thu Sep 23 08:08:53 PDT 2004

Okay, that's seems like an relatively painlesss solution.  Assuming I use
mbx, how can I convert my existing unix mailboxes to mbx?

Thanks,
Mike

<sahil at hamla.org> wrote in message
news:1095945852.4152ce7c7f510 at webmail.hamla.org...
Quoting Mike DiChiappari <mdichiappari at domanisoft.com>:

> I briefly looked into Courier-imap.  It looks like it could be
"significant"
> work for me.  I don't want this to be a major project.  I just want to
> upgrade a small email server so people can get their via a web front end
> (Horde/IMP).

You're using an old version of UW IMAP.  Before jumping to courier, upgrade.
Then use mbx (instead of the traditional unix mailbox) format mailboxes by
default.  For more help, read:

    <http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/index.html#4.5>

--
Sahil Tandon