[imp] Re: Suggestions for wu-imap altenatives

sahil at hamla.org sahil at hamla.org
Thu Sep 23 09:03:05 PDT 2004

Quoting Mike DiChiappari <mdichiappari at domanisoft.com>:

> Okay, that's seems like an relatively painlesss solution.  Assuming I use
> mbx, how can I convert my existing unix mailboxes to mbx?

This has been discussed at length in comp.mail.imap as well as on the UW IMAP
mailing list.  Check the archives.

If your current inbox lives in /var/spool/mail/$username, then just place an
empty mbx-formated INBOX in your home directory.  Whenever mail is checked via
IMAP, it will be sucked out of the spool and into your INBOX file.

The UW IMAP toolkit includes mbxcvt, which you can use to convert all non-INBOX
mailboxes -> mbx format.  Let's continue this discussion off-list or on an
appropriate mailing list if you need any more help.

--
Sahil Tandon